First, 2016 goals!
- Blog once a month
- Knit from stash as much as possible
- Complete several projects that have been languishing on the needles *The ones with links have photos
- Fire and Ice Sweater
- Emerald Lilies of the Valley
- Wraiths on Wings
- Alma Mater Flare Legwarmers
- Spiral Shawl
- Knit a Christmas present for each member of my sister's family
- Birthday presents for my coworker's children
- I also filled a big bag with yarn for future projects (all from stash)
Now on to something I learned
I am making the Parcel pullover by Carol Feller as a birthday present for one of my coworker's children. I have made it before in a smaller size yarn as a cardigan for myself. This time I am using a yarn I have worked with before from Lanas Stop, Extra Merino. It is a wool and acrylic blend that allows for machine washing. What I learned this time was that even machine made yarns do have dye lots. This is something I know from working with hand dyed yarns and sort of knew was true of some pure wool yarns. However, I learned this lesson, always buy enough to finish your project in the same dye lot and you can´t always use your leftovers from a former project even if they are the same yarn and same color. I have it all straightened out now. I am just happy that they had extra skeins in the same color. Next time ...!
That is all for this time but I will try to keep you up to date on the projects in my bag and on my WIP list. Until next time, keep knitting and learning!