Ravelry

Saturday, March 20, 2010

So much to do and So little time to blog

I have been so busy knitting and doing that I have not had time to catch up on my blog. I finished the mitts for my friend and she loved them. Since then I have been busy starting and finishing a few projects. So here they are.



I finished a baby set for a friend of mine who is expecting a Girl. Arn't those shoes adorable! The sweater called for the eylet on the sleeves as well but I decided to go with plain sleeves so that the baby would be warmer.


My brother-in-law is being deployed so I am also in the process of knitting several items for him. My problem was finding 100% wool yarn over here in Portugal. (that was the color I needed for the military) I have finished the helmet liner and started on some socks. I decided to do them one at a time, so you can see where I marked the sock so the second one matches the first.

 I am also in the middle of making a pair of socks for a friend's birthday. The birthday was at the beginning of March so I had best get these done soon. Poor guy has to wait on the knitter. These where also made one at a time but this sock has a distinctive repeating pattern that makes it a lot easier to keep track of what I am doing.

I started a shawl for my Grandmother. She is in a nursing home and I wanted to give her something that would remind her that she is loved. It is made of merino wool in a lilac color that I think will be just what the doctor ordered. The knitting is coming along nicely and the pattern is fairly simple to do. I am having a lot of fun with this one.

I am still working on one of the gifts I mentioned last time but it is nearly completed. I just have to do the ... opps I am not supposed to tell you that. Guess you will just have to see the pics when I post them. Until next time keep those needles busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment