Ravelry

Friday, November 5, 2010

Yarn Karma

I have been listening to a few podcasts and have heard about yarn karma. According to many it is when you knit something for someone and are angry with that person. The theory is that those feelings are locked into that knitting. They are then transfered to the person.

Here is my take on the subject. I sometimes use my knitting time to pray for the person for whom I am knitting. My prayers are not locked into the knitted fabric, but God hears and answers the prayers I have prayed for that person. When you pray for someone you cannot stay upset with that person. So I think that praying while your knitting even if you are upset with that person is a good thing. It lets you get out the frustration you are experiencing because of him or her and you are praying for them. God understands frustration (remember the Pharasees) and He will help you not only deal with your upset feelings, He will also lead you to a better understanding of that person.

Your emotions can have an effect on the knitted fabric. That is when you are upset your gauge tends to tighten. And when you are relaxed your gauge is looser. So if you knit and pray for someone and you are upset with that someone, be prepared to have to frog (rip out) your work. ;).

As for me I have been super busy since August. I have been working on Christmas presents and various knitted items. Because I would like for the presents to be a suprise I do not have pictures of them at this time. However, I do have picture of some of the things I have finished in the last few months. 




The frog was a present for a Boy's birthday, the pink hat a gift for the lady who watched my cats while I was away, and the lace doily was a wedding present for a friend of mine.

Someone recently asked me where the name for my blog came from. I comes from the phase 'live and learn.' I was talking to someone on the Knitpicks Community and I said that instead of live and learn it was knit and learn. So I took the idea and ran with it.

So until next time I hope you have time to knit some and learn some.

No comments:

Post a Comment