Ravelry

Friday, February 17, 2012

Sweet Treats

 Since my last post I have been very busy. I finished this lovely shawl from a Knit Picks kit called the Chinook Shawl. I bought the neutral colorway and added a Sherry Shimmer yarn for the edging. I finished it in time to wear it to our Gala banquet for the teens. It is very big and is wider than my arm span. I really like the colors though and it is very warm. Just right for cool spring nights to come.

I also cast on for the brown merino sweater I mentioned in my list of selfish knitting projects. I am making a modified version of the Shocking Jacket from Interweave Knits. I dislike sewing up a sweater after having knit it so I modified it to be knit in the round. So far it is turning out. I have knit up to the arm holes and am working on the back up to the neck. The shawl collar I knit into the edging of the sweater. I will post pictures when I can. I am trying to finish it in time to wear it for the retreat we have coming up with the teens. The retreat center is in the mountains so it will be colder than it is here. Just right for knitted sweaters!

I am also in the planning phase for my next selfish project the Oranje sweater from Knitty. I have the yarn bought and the pattern printed. I am planning to make it out of a yarn called Happy Baby. It has 10% cashmere so I am the one who is happy. I don't know why they labled this yarn as a baby yarn, it felts in the wash. Not the ideal yarn for a new mother or baby. However, it is very soft. The colors are a tomato red, black and pearl.  Yum Yum!

I have been learning lately that slow but sure wins the race and that knitting is great when you are sick. It takes you mind off the yukies and lets you relax a bit.

That is all for now. More next time on the Chocolate Jacket and the Oranje sweater (also time for a birthday pair of socks). Until next time keep knitting and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment