Ravelry

Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Hint

The following picture is just a hint of what I am working on. It is for someone's birthday so I can only give you a hint. The good news is that you only have a month to wait to see the finished project. 

Birthday Surprise

I am also working on the sweater Amused. It is going well in spite of the fact that I only get to knit on it after having worked on the birthday project. Such rules we impose onourselves! No one is demanding that I finish a project a month for myself and two projects for birthday's in May, however, what do I find myself doing? Just that and on a schedule no less! Ah well, the life of the project knitter. 

Drily Amused
To correct a misunderstanding, I put forth the following. My sister and I were talking the other day and she corrected my spelling of Blood Oranje. It is spelled this way on purpose. The original sweater pattern is named Oranje from Dutch. Because of this I chose Blood Oranje as my project name because the yarn reminded me of the color of a blood orange. However, I kept the original name of the pattern to provide a sort of continuity. Just in case I did not make myself plain, here is the explanation. 

Speaking of Blood Oranje, I have been able to wear it a few times. I have to say that it is a warm sweater, good for spring nights that are a bit nippier than they should be. I am enjoying the little details that went into the sweater.

The last couple of sweaters have taught me a couple of things. First, I prefer a princess style decrease in the front (stitches are decreased under the bust instead of from the sides). In the back, I prefer the decreases to be in one central location up the back (or down the back depending on what way you knit it ;). Secondly, I need a bit of a bust dart to accommodate a larger bust line but if I knit a yoke sweater it is NOT necessary (learned that one the hard way!). 

I am enjoying this year of selfish knitting. It is pushing my knitting into new areas and stretching my technical skills. I think that it will make me a better and more confident knitter and thus will increase the quality of what I knit for others when I go back to knitting unselfishly. That is all for now but stay tuned and keep on knitting and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment