Ravelry

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Challenge Accepted!

So the Winter Olympics took place in February. As any of you who are on Ravelry know the Ravellenics take place at the same time. This year, I wanted to really challenge myself, so I set my goal at one WIP (work in progress), one baby hat, and one sweater for myself. I won a 'medal' for the WIP and for the baby hat, but failed miserably at the sweater. I talk about what went wrong on the project page, but for right now it is in 'time out' thinking about what it did wrong!

I was able to finish all of the projects I mentioned in my last post. I loved making the Max sweater and the recipient loves wearing it. The recipient of the socks has worn them almost every night since I gave them to him! Following are some pictures of the finished items.
                   

I am also participating the the Striped Socks KAL hosted by the Knit Girllls. I finished the pair for January with some time to spare, but February's socks are going right to the wire! The red striped pair are for January and the purple striped pair are for February.
                   

Future projects include a Comfort Fade Cardigan I am trying to finish by the end of March. Another KAL! The sweater brings together some smaller lots of yarn in green and grey. I have been having so much fun planning and knitting this sweater. I think it will be a beloved addition to my wardrobe.

Knit and Learn
A couple of things I have learned over the past few weeks. When modifying your sweater, make sure to include all the increases needed. Also make sure you count your stitches before moving on to the next section of knitting. Both of these will save you lots of time and heartache! Until next time, keep on knitting and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment