Ravelry

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hats

Hats are cool things. They help keep you warm by traping the warmth normally lost through your head. I recently made a hat for a friend with cancer. I fell in love with the hat and have started another one only for me in 'girly' colors. I also plan to make on for a friend of mine for Christmas. (he recently cut his hair so short he is practically bald so he is a bit cold right now.) I learned making the one for my friend that the cuff was a bit long in my guage so I downsized the needle and I am going to work less rows for the brim. What happened to the  hat for my friend with cancer you say? I shrank it till it fit. That is the wonderful thing about working with wool. It shrinks. Of course that is also the worst thing about working with wool. Oh well my friend now has a warm hat to keep him warm and I have a new pattern to add to the favorites pile. I think that is a good trade off.

No comments:

Post a Comment